VARIANCE MANUFACTURING FROM QUENTIN DEFENSE
Quentin Defense offers variance manufacturing on a variety of our receiver styles. We have both lower receivers as well as complete receiver sets available for marking variances.
We have a couple of options available for custom markings and marking variances.
- For 07 FFL holders we offer complete marking variances for our QD and D receiver models, this entails your information on our billet receivers with no indication of Quentin Defense whatsoever.
- For 01 FFL holders we offer custom markings on our QD and D receiver models, this option entails your custom logo, but we are required to mark the receiver with our information.
07 FFL MANUFACTURERS:
- YOUR LOGO
- YOUR MODEL DESIGNATION
- YOUR SERIAL NUMBER SEQUENCE
- YOUR CHOICE OF CALIBER MARKINGS
- YOUR BUSINESS NAME, CITY AND STATE AS THE MANUFACTURER
- NO QUENTIN DEFENSE MARKINGS WHATSOEVER
- QUENTIN DEFENSE WILL SUBMIT A MARKING VARIANCE WITH ALL OF YOUR SPECIFIED INFORMATION ON YOUR BEHALF TO THE ATF FOR APPROVAL. SUBMISSIONS TYPICALLY TAKE 30 TO 90 DAYS FOR APPROVAL.
- ONE TIME VARIANCE SET-UP FEE OF $50
- INITIAL MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY OF 10 LOWER RECEIVERS
- NO MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITIES ON SUBSEQUENT ORDERS
01 FFL DEALERS
- YOUR LOGO, LASER ETCHED OR ENGRAVED ON OUR RECEIVERS
- LOWER RECEIVERS REQUIRE OUR INFORMATION
- NO MARKING VARIANCE REQUIRED
- ONE TIME SET-UP FEE OF $50
- MINIMUM INITIAL ORDER QUANTITY OF 5 LOWER RECEIVERS
- NO MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITIES ON SUBSEQUENT ORDERS
HOW MARKING VARIANCES WORK
Once we have received the requested information we will prepare the Marking Variance Request on your behalf and submit the info to you for your approval. Once you have approved the information you will then sign the form and email the completed form back to us for submission to the ATF. Once the Marking Variance package has been submitted to the ATF we anticipate roughly 30 to 90 days for approval. Once approved the ATF will email both your company and Quentin Defense with the variance approval, at which time we can start manufacturing your receivers.
FOR CUSTOM BRANDED, NON-VARIANCE RECEIVERS
We will skip the entire Marking Variance process, as it is not required, and move straight to branding our receivers with your logo. Please note that these receivers will require the actual manufacturer’s information, e.g. Quentin Defense markings: model name, serial number, city and state.
CUSTOMER ARTWORK INFORMATION
The file quality of the artwork you provide for your logo is paramount. Poor quality graphics can result in delayed processing, poor marking quality, and/ or potential additional fees if we have to bring your artwork up to a standard. Please do not hesitate to contact us for guidance and/ or assistance on this matter, as it could save both time and money for all parties involved.
WHAT WE WILL NEED TO GET STARTED
In order to streamline this process and make it as smooth as possible for all parties we will need some information from you to begin.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT FFL
- FULL NAME OF A RESPONSIBLE PERSON ON THE LICENSE
- OFFICIAL TITLE OF RESPONSIBLE PERSON
- PHONE NUMBER
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- TYPE OF RECEIVER (QD / D & 9, 15, OR 10)
- MODEL DESIGNATION i.e. M-16, AR-15, etc.
- CALIBER DESIGNATION i.e. 9mm 5.56, MULTI, etc.
- SERIAL NUMBER SEQUENCE – MUST CONTAIN AT LEAST ONE NUMBER AND ONE LETTER, i.e. D12345 OR 12345D. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL APPLY FOR THE MAXIMUM SERIAL NUMBER SEQUENCE ALLOTMENT BASED ON THE NUMBERS YOU SUBMIT, i.e. D00001 – D99999. WE DO THIS TO MAXIMIZE THE TIME AND USE OF THE MARKING VARIANCE. A NEW MARKING VARIANCE HAS TO BE SUBMITTED AND APPROVED FOR EACH NEW SERIAL NUMBER NOT COVERED BY AN EXISTING MARKING VARIANCE.
- ARTWORK FILE FOR LOGO GRAPHIC. PLEASE SUBMIT HIGH RESOLUTION FILES ONLY. BLACK AND WHITE LINE DRAWINGS ARE PREFERRED. WE CAN MAKE BASIC ADJUSTMENTS IF NECESSARY BUT WE DO NOT PROVIDE GRAPHIC DESIGN SERVICES.
- ANTICIPATED ORDER QUANTITY FOR INITIAL ORDER
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN LIST ALL RECEIVER STYLES THAT WE OFFER ON YOUR MARKING VARIANCE. DOING SO WILL MINIMIZE THE NEED FOR FUTURE MARKING VARIANCE REQUESTS AND DOES NOT COST ANY MORE MONEY, NOR DOES IT OBLIGATE YOU TO UTILIZE THE ADDITIONAL RECEIVER STYLE OPTIONS LISTED ON YOUR APPROVED MARKING VARIANCE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A DEPOSIT OF 30% OF THE TOTAL ORDER COST IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION WITH THE REMAINING BALANCE OF 70% BEING DUE AT THE TIME WHEN WE ARE READY TO ENGRAVE THE LOWER RECEIVERS WITH YOUR INFORMATION. ONCE ENGRAVED THE LOWERS WILL BE SENT TO ANODIZE, OR SHIPPED TO YOUR FACILITY IN THE EVENT YOU HAVE ORDERED YOUR RECEIVERS IN THE RAW. ANODIZE TYPICALLY TAKES 7 TO 14 BUSINESS DAYS DEPENDING ON WORKLOAD.
*SERIAL NUMBER SEQUENCE – MUST CONTAIN AT LEAST ONE NUMBER AND ONE LETTER, i.e. D12345 OR 12345D. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL APPLY FOR THE MAXIMUM SERIAL NUMBER SEQUENCE ALLOTMENT BASED ON THE NUMBERS YOU SUBMIT, i.e. D00001 – D99999. WE DO THIS TO MAXIMIZE THE TIME AND USE OF THE MARKING VARIANCE. A NEW MARKING VARIANCE HAS TO BE SUBMITTED AND APPROVED FOR EACH NEW SERIAL NUMBER NOT COVERED BY AN EXISTING MARKING VARIANCE.
*ARTWORK FILE FOR LOGO GRAPHIC. PLEASE SUBMIT HIGH RESOLUTION FILES ONLY. BLACK AND WHITE LINE DRAWINGS ARE PREFERRED. WE CAN MAKE BASIC ADJUSTMENTS IF NECESSARY BUT WE DO NOT PROVIDE GRAPHIC DESIGN SERVICES.